Delo® Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze products are single phase, ethylene glycol based products available in various dilutions that are based on patented aliphatic carboxylate corrosion inhibitor technology specifically formulated for heavy duty cooling system applications that require nitrite.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS
Delo Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze products deliver value through:
- Managing costs — Helps eliminate the cost of using SCAs (supplemental coolant additives), regular testing and the manpower required to perform these tasks effectively eliminating those costs when compared to conventional or fully formulated coolants.
- Long Service Life — 750,000 miles on-road use (8 years or 15,000 hours off-highway use) or 1,000,000 miles/20,000 hours/8 years with a Delo Extender addition at 500,000 miles/10,000 hours/4 years.
- Optimal cooling system operation — The silicate free formula improves heat transfer when compared to silicate containing formulations. Silicates deposits can reduce heat transfer and increase downtime due to over-heating.
Delo Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze products are heavy duty engine coolants that use a patented organic corrosion inhibitor technology called aliphatic carboxylates. Delo ELC is free of nitrates, borates, silicates, phosphates and amines. These products contain nitrites and molybdates for additional cylinder liner protection.
Recommended applications for Delo® Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze products:
- Heavy duty engines regardless of fuel type or environmental controls being used where the OEM recommends a silicate free, extended life coolant that contains nitrites1.
- Mixed fleets where both light duty and heavy duty trucks are present.
- Stationary engine applications regardless of fuel type being used.