Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40
“Delo. Let’s go further.®”
Delo® 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 with ISOSYN® Advanced Technology is a premium synthetic blend long drain and mixed fleet engine oil recommended for naturally aspirated and turbocharged four-stroke diesel engines and four-stroke gasoline engines in which the API CK-4 or SN service category and SAE 15W-40 viscosity grade are recommended.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS
Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 (Synblend) with ISOSYN Advanced Technology is an API CK-4 heavy duty engine oil specifically formulated for on highway applications, including 2017 greenhouse gas (GHG 17) compliant diesel engines with lower CO2 emissions, in addition to 2010 compliant low emission diesel engines with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems calling for SAE 15W-40 premium heavy duty motor oil.
Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 with ISOSYN Advanced Technology is also recommended for off highway Tier IV emission compliant engine applications where an SAE 15W-40 viscosity grade is required. It is formulated for newer engines with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems. Additionally, Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 is recommended for use with transmissions that require the Allison TES-439 specification in heavy duty off-road applications.
It is fully compatible with previous engine models and previous API Oil Service Categories.
Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 delivers value through:
- Exceptional Deposit Control — Provides high performance piston deposit control and turbocharger protection due to its superb oxidation performance. Its high performing detergent and dispersant additives provide excellent diesel engine component protection.
- Better Low Temperature Pumpability — Improved flow rate and pumpability versus conventional SAE 15W-40 oils and similar pour point to conventional SAE 10W-30 products with better cold flow properties than conventional SAE 15W-40 products.
- Superb Long Drain Performance — Formulated for exceptional long oil drain protection for both on and off-road diesel engines.
- Minimized Operating Costs — Exceptional soot dispersancy and wear control. Cylinders, pistons, rings, and valve train components are well protected against wear and corrosion, providing optimum service life and minimal maintenance. Contributes to maximum equipment utilization and minimal downtime.
- Excellent Emission Control System Life — Provides optimum Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) life for minimal downtime and cleaning, thus managing your maintenance costs.
- Managed Inventory Costs — Backwards compatible with previous API Oil Service Categories. Provides single solution for the oil and gas industry for both heavy duty stationary engine and Allison off highway transmission performance. Suitable for use in four-stroke gasoline and naturally aspirated turbocharged and modern electronically controlled/low emission diesel engines. Allows users with a wide mix of engine brands to enjoy simplified inventory and dispensing systems that may contribute to saving money, space and handling time.
- Warranty Plus Protection — Bumper-to-bumper warranty protection from the engine to the drive train. Payment for Chevron lubricant-related damage to your equipment, including parts and labor. Problem resolution and technical advice from Chevron’s lubrication experts.
- Access to Chevron’s Lubrication and Industry Knowledge — Helps maximize your bottom line business results.
Delo® 400 XLE SAE 15W 40 with ISOSYN® Advanced Technology is formulated using advanced additive technology to provide outstanding protection for on highway applications including new GHG 17 compliant engines.
Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 is formulated with ISOSYN Advanced Technology, which is a combination of Chevron’s industry-leading formulating expertise with unique, high performance additive chemistry to help extend the durability of critical diesel engine parts.
Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 with ISOSYN Advanced Technology is a mixed fleet engine oil recommended for naturally aspirated and turbocharged four-stroke diesel engines and four-stroke gasoline engines in which the API CK-4 or SN service categories and SAE 15W-40 viscosity grade are recommended. It is formulated for engines operating under severe service and a wide range of climatic conditions.
Delo 400 XLE SAE 15W-40 with ISOSYN Advanced Technology provides excellent performance in new advanced engines developed to meet the latest emissions and reliability standards and in engines equipped with features like four-valve heads, super-charging, turbo-charging, direct injection, higher power density, intercooling, full electronic management of fuel and emissions systems, exhaust selective catalytic reduction, exhaust gas recirculation, and exhaust particulate filters. It has excellent performance in Allison heavy duty transmission units requiring Allison TES-439 approval, and provides excellent shear stability and component protection.
This product is recommended for use in:
- Today's most modern on-highway low emission designs as well as older on-highway diesel engines.
- Modern and older off-highway engines where an SAE 15W-40 viscosity grade is recommended including those adapted for the most stringent emissions standards in oil and gas, construction, agriculture, marine, and mining applications.